Hosting a concert in your home is rewarding!
It’s a great way to introduce your friends to Anne E. and her music, support the arts, and enjoy an evening of live music, all in a few easy steps!
To Book: contact Kip Anderson
Invite Anne E. to play in your home
Concert bookings made on a date along Anne E.'s planned tour route work out especially well, as travel costs can be reduced or eliminated. Let's talk about a schedule.
You may want to consider a suggested donation for your event, generally $15-$20 per guest. These donations help to compensate you for your efforts and the artist for her performance. It is entirely up to you whether to do this.
A House Concert, Defined
• Typically 5 – 50 guests
• Anne E. performs two 40 minute sets with a break in between, visits with guests during the break and after the performance
• You may want to serve drinks and light snacks or ask guests to bring their own
• If desired, Anne E. can provide press kit materials to help promote your event
Expectations for the host
1 Lodging for Anne E. on the night of the performance
2 Explanations to your guests that:
- The format is a concert, not a party with music, and includes a much more personal, intimate visit with an artist than at a standard concert
- The suggested donation to compensate your provisions and Anne E.
- Concert behavior is expected – listening to the performance, no cell phone use, extended conversations, etc.
3 Creating your list of invitees, with an invitation requesting RSVP. Keeping track of confirmed guests.
** Please feel free to call Kip or Anne E if you have questions/concerns. **
4 A few days beforehand, shop for food, drinks, supplies, and the day of the event set up your room(s) and chairs. Don't worry about sound. Anne E's got it. She just needs a place to plug in.
5 The evening of your event, welcome your guests; remind them of the expectations; let them mingle, and when the performance is to begin, ask them to be seated and introduce Anne E.